Academic Year 2021 (second semester)
The Stricto Sensu Postgraduate Program in Communication, at the Doctoral level, announces the opening of applications for the selection of candidates to fill vacancies for the second semester of the academic year 2021 from April 19 to May 31 2021.
The candidate shall have to present the following documents:
- Copy of identity card or other nationally valid identification document for Brazilian candidates;
- Copy of birth or marriage certificate;
- Copy of CPF;
- Copy of the academic record of the undergraduate course (s);
- Copy of the academic record of the master's course, for candidates to the Doctorate;
- Copy of the course graduation diploma recognized by MEC;
- Copy of the master's degree diploma recommended by CAPES, for PhD candidates;
- Documented curriculum vitae (preferably, Lattes);
- Pre-project in which it appears: proposal of the theme, presentation, objective and bibliography, according to model ANNEX I. (*) DOC ;
- Registration fee in the amount of R$ 45.00 (**);
- Copy of the proof of payment of the registration fee.
Foreign candidates must submit as well:
- Copy of the National Register of Foreigners (RNE) or evidentiary document as regards regular residence in Brazil;
- CELPE-BRAS Certificate of sufficiency in Portuguese language. May be accepted the protocol of enrollment in the examination.
Candidates who have studied undergraduate or master's degrees at foreign institutions must present the following documents:
- Copy of the academic record and diploma of the undergraduate course, duly revalidated, according to the current legislation, except in the case of international agreements, provided they are incorporated by Brazil.
- Copy of the academic record and the Master's degree, duly recognized by a Brazilian program recognized by CAPES, for candidates for the Doctorate.
(*) The Research Pre-Project must bring elements relevant to the Communication Area and be adherent to the scope of the research carried out by the teachers linked to the Program, according to the following address: https://www.unip.br/presencial/ensino/pos_graduacao/strictosensu/comunicacao/apresentacao.aspx?lang=en
The Pre-Research Project presented in the selection process may change if the candidate is selected.
(**) The enrollment fee shall be payable by bank payment slip generated in the end of filling out an on-line enrollment form.
The bank payment slip shall not be paid in the treasury department of UNIP.
Candidates must send digital copies of documents, in PDF format, to the e-mail: email@example.com. Only legible copies and original sizes will be accepted.
In case of approval in the selective process, all documents shall have its originals submitted at the time of enrollment.
It shall not be accepted enrollments with partial delivery of the documentation or illegible documents and that do not meet strictly the provisions established herein.
The selection of the Master and Doctorate Program comprises:
Phase I - Eliminatory
The enrollment shall only be validated upon payment of the bank payment slip and sending full documentation within the time limit set.
Phase II - Only to candidates approved in Phase I
Written Test, Examination of Proficiency in Foreign Language and Analysis of the Research Project.
Phase III - Only to candidates approved in Phases I and II
Interview with candidates approved in Phases II.
If necessary, due to the social distancing measures, some stages of the Selection Process may be carried out remotely by means of videoconferencing or other technology of synchronous transmission of sound and image, provided that it is approved by the Program Board.
PHASE I - REGISTRATION AND DELIVERY OF DOCUMENTS
From April 19 to May 31, 2021: Registration and delivery of documents
The registration will only be validated by paying the bank slip and sending the complete documentation within the stipulated period.
PHASE II - SELECTION EXAMINATION AND INTERVIEWS FOR CANDIDATES APPROVED IN STEP I
June 7, 2021 (Monday): Written Test - 9 am and Proficiency in a Foreign Language - 11 am
PHASE III - INTERVIEW FOR CANDIDATES APPROVED IN STEPS I and II
June 17, 2021 (Thursday): Disclosure of candidates selected for the interview, starting at 6 pm
June 21, 2021 (Monday): Interviews, starting at 9 am
- As a substitute for the Foreign Language Proficiency Exam for entry into the Stricto Sensu Postgraduate Program in Communication, PhD level, the Secretariat will accept only the certificates listed below:
- English: TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) - minimum of 213 points and valid for two years or IELTS (International English Language Test System) - minimum of 6.0 points and valid for two years.
- French: French Alliance certificate, with a minimum of 70 points and valid for one year.
- Spanish: DELE (Diploma of Spanish as a Foreign Language), intermediate level at Instituto Cervantes.
- In case of presentation of a certificate or taking a Foreign Language Proficiency Exam to enter the Doctoral Program, the candidate must present proficiency in a foreign language other than the one assessed under the Master's Degree.
- Failure to attend any of the tests in Step II or the interview provided for in Step III will imply the automatic elimination of the candidate from the selection process.
- Pre-research projects will be evaluated using the following criteria: a. pertinence to the Communication area and, in particular, to the Media Culture Concentration Area; B. relevance of the academic and scientific contribution present in the project; ?. adherence to one of the lines of research and one of the research projects developed by the professors (as stated above, in this Notice).
- The incomplete presentation of pre-projects, taking into account the provisions of REGISTRATION - item i, may result in disqualification of the candidate.
IMPORTANT: If it is necessary to carry out the Selection Process remotely, the interviews and tests will be carried out through videoconference. In the case of the Knowledge Test, the test will be carried out using an electronic form whose completion will be conditioned to the candidate's permanence in a videoconference during the entire test period.
The Foreign Language Proficiency Test will only take place in person. Thus, if necessary, subsequent scheduling will occur. If necessary, the candidate approved in the other stages of the Selection Process will be able to register normally, but will be required to carry out the evaluation according to the provisions of the Program Regulation.
Links to Evidence and Interviews will later be sent by email by the Secretariat.
RESULTADO DA SELEÇÃO
June 29, 2021 (Tuesday), from 2 pm - Disclosure of approved
Enrollments must be made in person at the Program Secretariat, from July 5 to 16, 2021, when the candidate must:
- Submit the following original documents:
a) Identity card or other nationally valid identification document for Brazilian candidates;
c) Birth or marriage certificate;
d) Graduation Course Diploma of course recognized by MEC, registered;
e) School History of the Undergraduate Course recognized by MEC;
f) Registered Masters Course Diploma recommended by CAPES, registered;
g) School History of the Master's Course in a course recommended by CAPES;
h) 2 3x4 photographs (recent).
Foreign candidates must submit as well:
i) National Register of Foreigners (RNE) or evidentiary document as regards regular residence in Brazil;
j) CELPE-BRAS Certificate of sufficiency in Portuguese language.
Candidates that have a degree in foreign institutions must submit the following documents:
k) Academic transcript and graduation diploma duly revalidated, according to current legislation, except in the event of international agreements, provided that are incorporated by Brazil.
- Sign the Contract for Provision of Educational Services;
- Make the choice of the subjects to be studied in the semester;
- Take the bank payment slip for the payment of the registration.
Postgraduate Secretariat (Stricto Sensu) of UNIP
Rua Dr. Bacelar, 1212 - 4th floor - Vila Clementino - São Paulo - SP
ZIP CODE 04026-002
Secretary of the Program: Christina Rodrigues
Opening Hours: Monday to Friday (except holidays), from 8:00 a.m. to noon and from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
START OF CLASSES
August 9, 2021 (Monday).
The Master's Program in Communication has PROSUP scholarships offered by CAPES.